Thursday, July 27, 2006

Early Lancaster Pages

You'd be surprised at some of the things you can find in the bottom of a pile of miscellaneous papers....

This is a page from the very second Lancaster comic ever, which was more serious than the first attempt, and was only five pages long. Some ghosts stay around because they hunger for revenge. Other ghosts stay around because they simply... hunger.

I didn't think I could ever do long, winding storylines, so the original idea for Lancaster was to do stories in small, 5 page episodes. 'The House on Pundit Hill' was started right after this, and I realized there was no way I could tell the story in just five pages, so I kept it to twenty, thinking I'd never be able to write anything longer. I think you know how that ended up.



This is a page from a story I started right after 'The House on Pundit Hill', but I never got past the first page. Northcod Lake is gripped in a fierce heatwave, and Lancaster discovers that it's the doings of a Heat Shade spirit
(not unlike the Electric Shade spirit in Episode 2).

The Heat Shade itself had posessed someone's body and was making life difficult for everyone by generally raising tempratures in the area, as well as busting up everyone's air conditioning units and cracking the water lines. The character designed for this comic will be seen again, but not in the Lancaster comic...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, I forgot all about the sandwich ghost... "Hey, that's really gross."

It's kind of hard to believe just how long you've been doing this comic, let alone that it's been pretty much uninterrupted since the beginning.

1:25 AM  
Blogger poinko said...

We can thank the ol iBook for that last one...

*glares right at it*

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home